Wednesday, September 21, 2016

FilmLit is Coming Soon!

Announcing a new feature that I'm just getting off the ground. I'm going to be adding reviews of certain movies to the blog, trying to keep things interesting, and I'm calling it FilmLit. Now, I'm not a movie reviewer and certainly not an expert on cinema, so perhaps calling these "reviews" may be exaggerating things a bit. I'm just a fan and I want to share some of my favorite movies about the world of writers, books, and literature. My goal is just to let you know about films I've seen and enjoyed that relate to books, authors, and the like. I'm not planning to talk much about movies that are simply book adaptations, such as The Martian, unless there's something else unusual or interesting about it. For instance, Love and Friendship, the recent movie adaptation of Jane Austen's Lady Susan, has enough story, trivia, and behind the scenes info about the transition from book to film to fit into the FilmLit bag. Actually, The Martian probably does as well. We'll see. So that's the plan; I just wanted to let you know about this sudden change in the space-time continuum. The posts may be a bit spoilery, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum, and they'll certainly have no more spoilers than your usual movie review. FilmLit posts will be intermittent, depending on when I find something I want to share, but I have some ideas already that you should be seeing soon. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment